Thursday, May 24, 2012

How to Use Pinterest to Plan Your Wedding


I finally joined the rest of the world and joined Pinterest.  If you haven’t heard of Pinterest yet, (this is highly unlikely) then let me tell you all about it.  Pinterest is the newest social media craze to hit the web.  You can make pinboards (collages) of pretty little things you find on the web.  At first, I didn’t want to join.  I couldn’t take yet another social media item to keep up with. Then one day I was on twitter and someone I followed showed this cool picture that they added to their board.  I took the bait and signed up.  I loved it from day one and quickly realize what everyone else has been buzzing about. 

The reason I like Pinterest is I’m constantly looking for inspiration and when I find it I would copy and paste the picture, email it to myself and then go back to it later.  Pinterest gives me my instant gratification that I need. I see it, I like it, I pin it! I can move on to the next cool thing and come back to my Pinboards for inspiration at another time.  I also like it because I can find inspiration for my personal interest without even working at it.  I love to travel, I’m semi into fashion and I love beautifully decorated homes but I don’t buy any of these magazines.  With Pinterest the inspiration now comes to me.  Like this gorgeous military jacket that I would have never found on my own.  




I also don't have the time to surf every wedding website for inspiration.  With Pinterest, I don't have to because the people I follow are doing some of the searching for me.  Look at these cute pancake appetizers! Perfect for a brunch wedding.  





I highly recommend brides to sign up on Pinterest to get inspiration for their wedding.  You can create your boards and when you go visit your potential vendors, you can show them your inspiration instantly.  If you already have a wedding planner, designer, florist, etc, they can follow your pins for your wedding inspiration.  No more emailing 100’s of pictures to them, just Pin It!!  


You can follow me here on Pinterest and see what I’m Pinning about!  



Live.Laugh.Love….. Luxuriate!

Deniesha  Joseph
Wedded Luxe
www.weddedluxe.com
718.938.4713

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails