Photo courtesy of Rebecca Davidson
Just because you are getting married outside your hometown does not mean your wedding cannot be a reflection of your style. For example, if you are getting married on the beach, the décor does not need to be all sand, starfish and seashells. Here are a few tips to keep in mind…
1. First things first. Create an inspiration board (or book) to bring the vision in your head to paper. This will help you focus on what design aspects you are thinking about and looking for.
2. Talk to the designer you have hired at your destination. Look at photos of weddings they’ve designed before to find out what they can do. If there are items you are dying for but they don’t have, source them from somewhere else and ask if they will store them for you so you can ship them ahead of time.
3. Choosing a color palate. Again, if you’re getting married in the Caribbean, your color scheme does not need to be tropical, bright colors (unless you want it to be!!). Go with what you love.
4. DIY. As with any wedding, destination or otherwise, take comfort in these three lovely letters. Look to your family members or bridesmaids to help you prepare and carry these items to your destination location.
5. Remember that your wedding style does not start and end with décor. Think about it when choosing your dress, menu, favors and all of the rest.
Photo courtesy of Better Angel
Every aspect of your wedding speaks to your style…you may have to think outside the box to get what you want, but regardless of your chosen destination, one way or another, it can be done!