Thursday, January 12, 2012

Celebrate Your Culture Through......Traditions


Almost everyone can relate to the traditions that are expected at weddings no matter what your background is.  Some couples love to keep the tradition going while others hate them and think they are cheesy or just outdated.  Did you see the movie Jumping The Broom? The happy couple had the same issue. They didn't want to jump the broom or do the electric slide at their wedding.  This left some family members disappointed because they look forward to these traditions.  I completely understand because I have one of my own.  My family's tradition for wedding is what we call black cake.  See my previous post on putting a twist on it.  I don't really care for it and I think putting a small piece a cake in a box isn't the best favor choice.  As much as I may dislike this tradition, there are people in my family and some friends that still love this keepsake. When faced with this dilemma, I suggest you add a modern twist to an old favorite.  This will help you keep the tradition alive and keep you happy at the same time.  So whether your traditions are jumping the broom, the money dance or any kind of dances, try to make it your own.  

Live.Laugh.Love….. Luxuriate!



Deniesha Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails