Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Accomodating Children at Your Wedding

I came across this picture of me and I had to blog about it!! I was about 4 or 5 years old and this was my first wedding. I was the flower girl as you can see and I was the worse flower girl in the history of weddings!! I cried all the way down the aisle, I didn’t want to take any pictures and any pictures I did take, I had that face on. It was a running family joke for years and if anyone from my family sees the picture they will happily repeat the joke for you!! It’s ironic to me that this was my reaction to a wedding and now I’m a wedding planner!! Go figure! I would like to mention that the couple is still happily married.



Seeing this picture made me think of all the children that are either in weddings or invited to weddings. Let’s face it, weddings are generally for adults but if you having children attend your wedding then you should accommodate them as well. Providing a children’s tables filled with activities will keep them entertained and also give their parents a chance to cut a rug. You can provide a goody bag of coloring books, crayons, toys and of course something sweet! If you are having a lot of children, you may even consider hiring a “sitter” of some sort. Someone to monitor the children, play games with them or maybe keep them entertain in another room. I only make this suggestion if you are having enough children to full a table. If there will be one or two children, then a goody bag will do the trick. Whatever you decide, just don’t forget about the little ones!! They are your guest too!!


This little lady danced the day away!! She was the cutest little thing!!

Happy Planning,

Deniesha Joseph
Couture Events by D
Designed by me, Just for you
http://www.coutureventsbyd.com/
718.938.4713

1 comment:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails