Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Wedding Budget




Today I wanted to talk about the wedding budget. I have no savvy advice on how to save a couple of dollars, just my perspective on this topic. I’m really speaking to the couples out there struggling with the cost of their wedding even when they have the money to spend. I know many couples have trouble seeing the point and spending X amount of dollars on one day. They stress about every dollar spent, they get anxiety attacks with every invoice and they take all the fun out of the planning process. I’ve seen this happen for couples with budgets in many different ranges. It not the amount that you are spending, it’s the fact that you are spending it period that may stress you out.

First let me say, it’s not just one day, it’s your wedding day!! This day symbolizes the beginning of your new life together and you will always remember your wedding day. It’s not the money that really matters, it’s the experience you create; the memory you will have for years to come. Now what do you want to remember is the question. Don’t let the cost of your wedding deter from the experience you always wanted to create. You do not want to look back on your wedding like I wish I did this different or that different when you have the funds to create the wedding you want. Again, this advice is only for the couples that have the funds for the wedding but are struggling with spending it. I am not talking to the couples who are experiencing financial hardship but won’t let go of their wedding day dream. I’ll address you on another post.

I once told a friend of mind, you can upgrade your engagement ring, you can buy a house a year later or remodel your kitchen another time, but you only get one wedding day, one day to get it right. Even if you do it over on an anniversary, it’s not the same. Am I saying go broke to have your wedding your way, absolutely not. I’m saying, if you have the funds to have the wedding you want, take the stress out of the planning and just have the wedding you really want. Do not spend the time stressing over every penny spent. Stay within the budget perimeters you are comfortable with and just do it!!

So what experience are you trying to create for your wedding?
Do you have a wedding budget question? Send your question and I'll be happy to help at DJoseph@weddedluxe.com  


Live.Laugh.Love….. Luxuriate!

Deniesha  Joseph
Wedded Luxe
www.weddedluxe.com
718.938.4713



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails