Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Wedding Favor Alternatives

Lately I’ve come in contact with many brides that don’t want to have favors for their wedding. The most common comments I hear is “There isn’t anything out there that I like”, “there’s nothing original” or “the choices are not something they feel their guests won't like”. I must confess I completely understand. My rule of thumb is something edible or useable. I lean towards edible, preferably a dessert but enough about me. Here are my suggestions to the anti favor brides.

Venetian Hour
Many venues and/or caterers offer a Venetian hour after dinner. It’s a display of delicious deserts of all kinds for your guests to indulge in. Cookies, cakes, sundae bars, you name it, it’s there. You can also ask you favorite bakery to create some miniature desserts.  These can be decorated to coordinate with your wedding colors.  You can use this extra special surprise and make it even better my providing your guests with take home containers so they can enjoy their desserts when they get home.



Photo Credits: The Sweetest Occasion

Photo Booths
Photo Booths have become a big hit in the last couple of years. Photographers have stepped it up by providing backdrops and fun props for your guests to take pictures with. Your guests can get a little silly and take some memorable shots they will have as a great memory of day they attended your wedding.

Photo Credt: TheKnot
Photo Credit: ShootBooth

The best part of both these ideas is it gets your guests involved. It’s not just a pretty box they take home; it becomes an experience they will talk about long after the wedding is over.

Happy Planning,


Deniesha Joseph
DJoseph@weddedluxe.com
http://www.weddedluxe.com/
http://twitter.com/Wedded_Luxe
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wedded-Luxe/164768235325?ref=ts
718.938.4713

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails