Wednesday, April 1, 2009

You Don’t Need A Wedding Planner . . . . .

April Fools!! You should have known that was a joke being that I am a wedding planner!! I hear this all the time, “I can do it myself” or “My family can help me out” or “I can’t afford a wedding planner”. These are the biggest misconceptions brides have all the time. The truth is none of these statements are true and let me tell you why.

You cannot do it all yourself. If you have already started planning your wedding, you probably already realize how much goes into planning your wedding and how much time it takes. You may also realize how much you didn’t know about planning a wedding. The planning process is so much fun and if you are not having fun then you should rethink not having a planner. A professional wedding planner can advise you during the planning process. Your wedding planner will help you find the right vendors, help you chose a realistic budget, etiqutte advice and most importantly, put the fun back into planning your wedding. Another issue to think about is what is going to happen on your wedding day? You cannot be the bride and ensure everything is running according to plan. Do you really want to make phone calls to vendors while you do your makeup? I don’t think you do!! You and your fiancé should be relaxed and your only concern should be to focus on getting your ready for your wedding. So even if you want to plan your own wedding, you should consider investing in a planner for day of coordination services.

Your Aunt Susan throws great holiday parties but she is not a professional. We all have family members who are reliable and are great host/hostess but the truth is they are not wedding planners. They don’t know as much as you think they do. Planning a wedding takes much more than someone who casually host events for their friends and family. It takes a wedding professional to orchestrate the many details that go into planning a successful wedding. No offense to Aunt Susan but it takes a lot of know how to plan a wedding. When I first started out, it was because of my experience of planning parties for family and friends. However, I did a lot research and networking within the wedding industry before I started my company. I quickly realized there was a lot I needed to learn. Planning a wedding for 150 is not the same as planning a party for 50 of my closest friends and family. Also wouldn’t you like all of guest to feel like a guest? Let your family enjoy your wedding day because weddings are about your families too.

The cost of a wedding planner is feasible and worth every penny. Many couples still believe that hiring a wedding planner is a luxury, this is not true. Speaking from experience, I’ve worked with couples and their budgets ranged from 20k to 75k. In the end they all received the same quality of service. Of course there are wedding planners that you cannot afford but there are also many you can afford. Just like all your other vendors, shop around until you find the right one. Also most wedding planners have different packages to choose from and you can get the package that works best with your budget. Having a professional to oversee the most important day of your life is not a luxury but an investment.

Of course I may seem bias to the idea of hiring a wedding planner but this is not about me. It’s about me helping as many couples as I can even if you don’t choose me to be your wedding planner. When you hire a wedding planner, you are getting quality service, knowledge, professionalism, creativity, guidance, stress reliever, a personal assistant and a guarantee that someone has your best interest in mind at all times. I hope I have helped convince some of you that are on the fence and for those that weren’t even considering hiring a planner please reconsider!!


Happy Planning,

Deniesha Joseph
Couture Events by D
Designed by me, Just for you
http://www.coutureventsbyd.com/
718.938.4713

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails